Thursday, January 17, 2013

Welcome to the Irvin Serrano Photography Blog




(click on images to view larger)

Hello and welcome to our brand new blog! This is a first for us at Irvin Serrano Photography. We hope to use this forum to share with you some of what we have been up to and where we are going. I say “we” since you will be seeing posts from me and our studio manager Mike Bowker (aka, the schlepper). We both love what we do so much and feel fortunate to have found a profession related to our true vocation and not just a job that we do to pay the bills. We are always bouncing ideas around on a variety of themes we may find interesting and nurturing to our craft. I guess you could say we are our own little support group. This is your invitation to become part of that dialogue. Through our posts we invite you to join us in the conversation and exploration of new ideas. Come along with us on photo-shoots; see what we have produced lately. The sky is the limit and who knows what you may see posted here.

I have been making images for longer than I care to admit. Have had some great people in my life who have inspired and guided me through this creative endeavor. I feel as mature as I ever have in my image making process, yet sometimes I look at my images and know there is still so much out there. Becoming complacent with image making, its process and what moves me about it has always been a fear of mine. Sometimes, I feel, in order to continue the search for ones creative self we have to abandon what is typical or familiar. Of course, sometimes it means also going back to the basics.

With creative evolution and exploration in mind I would like to kick off our blog with something entirely new for me. It has been more than a year in the making and a process that has tested my patience wondering if after the long wait it would be worth it or even possible to execute. I have always been impressed by the look of pressed flowers, how they become paper thin, subtly exposing what appears to be their cellular structure while preserving a semblance of what they used to be. I found the process rewarding and somewhat introspective when I thought about my own different states of being. Hope you stay tuned and enjoy the image above and its details as much as I enjoyed creating them. If you are not yet familiar with the rest of our work, I invite you to visit Irvin Serrano Photography.

2 comments:

  1. Blog looks great, looking forward to what I will find here in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Scott! looking forward as well! Thank you for joining us.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts