Thursday, March 26, 2015

American Craft Magazine - Lissa Hunter

Lissa Hunter, a multimedia artist, stands surrounded by her artwork in her studio in Portland Maine.
I just received my copy of the April/May Issue of American Craft Magazine and was excited to see the images we produced while photographing Artist Lissa Hunter. We had a great time photographing Lissa who is such a multifaceted artist. She works in a multitude of media and having a look at her Portland studio provides a timeline of her evolution as an artist. In her studio you can see paintings, works covered in encaustic wax, ceramic, paper, charcoal and coiled baskets. Some of her work showcases a delicate mixture in a single piece of many of the skills and media she has worked with throughout her artistic career.

If you are not familiar with Lissa's work, I would encourage you to visit her website and have a look at the wonderful work she produces. Meeting people like Lissa is just one of the reasons why I love my job as much as I do. Hope you enjoy the images.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts